Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Next Week, In Jerusalem

Time has definately accelerated as September third has approached. I am about to leave for the airport, for the flight that will take me from Seattle to JFK. Tomorrow night, I will leave from New York-- to Israel! Wow. It's a little amazing, to be sitting here on the verge of actually doing what I have been planning and talking about for months. There is no way I could have made this trip without the support of so many people-- friends, family, everyone at the Seattle JCC, and even people on scholarship committees and past OTZMA participants who never met me in person, have made invaluable contributions towards my journey to Israel. I feel like I don't have enough thanks to give back to all the people who have helped me in so many ways.

I already miss Seattle. Happy first day of school, SJCC! An extra-special shout-out to all of my Ahava-ers. I love you all! I'm bringing my face paints to Israel in your memory.

My first week will be spent in Jerusalem, doing an OTZMA orientation. I have no idea, no picture in my mind, of what to expect. I am very curious, however, to compare Jerusalem with Madrid and Barcelona, the only other cities I am familiar with that have anything close to the history of Jerusalem. I also anticipate eating very much falafel.

Love,
Zara

1 comment:

Miguel said...

Good luck and have fun!